POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.news-submissions : Pov-Ray With Subdivision available : Re: Pov-Ray With Subdivision available Server Time
25 Apr 2024 12:27:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pov-Ray With Subdivision available
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 13 May 2004 03:00:02
Message: <c7v675$29l$1@chho.imagico.de>
Xiaobin Wu wrote:
> First of all, thanks to all that responded or tested my patch.
>
> I have posted the modified source. There are five files modified:
> tokenize.cpp, mesh.h, mesh.cpp, parse.h, parse.cpp
> ( I want to thank Andrew for testing it under Linux. )
> Also I wish the code is only used in Pov-Ray community.

Thanks for the code, a first glance at the code revealed the following
things:

- you seem to discard any normal vectors specified for the mesh - this
might often not be what the user wants and more important using the
normal vectors could save you quite some computations (i.e. determining
the neighbouring triangles).

- i can't find a reason why it should only work for mesh2 and not mesh.

Please use the follow-up i set for this posting, the news-submissions
group is not for discussion.

Christoph

Last updated 01 May. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______