POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Guess what .... : Re: Guess what .... Server Time
24 Apr 2024 20:48:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Guess what ....
From: ingo
Date: 1 Jul 2022 04:50:54
Message: <XnsAEC76E59212C3seed7@news.povray.org>
in news:web.62beacd6f6159f18acf8b7ce89db30a9@news.povray.org Tor Olav
Kristensen wrote:

> What will you use it for ?

The reason to get a go at it is speeding up audio synthesis:
https://ingoogni.nl/povray/sounds-of-povray/povray-ans/

Also for audio synthesis, faster convolution(filters). A long way to go
still.

Once 1D is running 2D is just doing it once for rows and then columns over
te result. Again convolution comes to mind. I remember you doing that with
functions? Here also the basics work, Input FFT -> IFFT results in an
output == input.

What I'm using is the Stockham algorithm as shown at
http://wwwa.pikara.ne.jp/okojisan/otfft-en/stockham2.html

As some complex number stuff is needed I also made a complex.inc. I used
2d vectors for the numbers <real, im>.

I uploded the inc's to bin.scenefiles

<web.62beb5288957c93017bac71e8ffb8ce3@news.povray.org>

Ingo