POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : strange problem with srgb color in light_source : Re: strange problem with srgb color in light_source Server Time
24 Apr 2024 15:34:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: strange problem with srgb color in light_source
From: ingo
Date: 2 Apr 2021 11:45:13
Message: <XnsAD00B4980A14Aseed7@news.povray.org>
in news:6067132e$1@news.povray.org William F Pokorny wrote:

> Rambling... With color vector math, we have long had exposures to
> misuse / naive use. Have done and continue to do my own share of
> stupid stuff... :-)

ehhm, you mean artistic use, I hope?

The linear RGB space beyond <1,1,1> is excellent. The only alternative
would be CIEXYZ or CIELab, but who can define a color in that as easy as
with rgb.
The sRGB space is ehm, of very limited use imo for defining colours in
POV-Ray. You put it on a sphere, add a nice warm light and gone is the
color you intended.

Ingo