POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Healthcare : Re: Healthcare Server Time
29 Sep 2024 15:29:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Healthcare
From: Stephen
Date: 28 Aug 2009 17:19:16
Message: <8shg95d9f7ett2b0g6g5921kv6m52nkhev@4ax.com>
On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 09:24:02 -0500, Shay <n@n.n> wrote:

>Not working offshore, but still roughnecking. This will be my last job.
>I do not accept promotions (a non-issue at the moment due to the state
>of the industry :)) and have no desire to ever again lease my intellect
>to an employer or customer.
>
>My wife and I do have a tiny hobby/business, the facetious goal of which
>is to make back the $140 a month pay-cut I recently received. More than
>that would involve disengaging from intense, but non-$$ personal
>endeavors -- I'll report on one of these in November.
>
>Beyond that, I do have the intention of one day owning a coffee shop or
>small restaurant, though I won't do this until I can pay cash for the
>business. I save aggressively, so this isn't as outlandish as it sounds.
>
>  -

Good to hear from you again. The oil industry is not one for ever especially if
you don't like the responsibility of telling people what to do. I used to carry
my own tools ;)
I hope that your future business does well but if you don't have much experience
in catering it might be a good idea to get a job in it first. (My brother-in-law
is a chef and he tells some horror stories about owners full of good intentions
but no experience. It is a business after all and you should make money ;)
Anyway report back in November and start posting some of your images when you
can.

--

Regards
     Stephen