POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Output File Format : Re: Output File Format Server Time
24 Apr 2024 22:14:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Output File Format
From: Alexander Lazic
Date: 5 Jul 2001 16:02:49
Message: <86n16ji1p3.fsf@nautilus.bursik.net>
Hi,

"John Albarelli" <joh### [at] smithandmahoneycom> writes:

> I know this is a newbie question, but I can't find it in the
> documentation, and my mind is not what it once was.  How do I get pov
> to change the format of the output file in Pov-ray v3.1 for Windows?

ALT-C or Render => Edit Settings/Render and there add in the

"Section": Command line Option the prefered Format

From the Help Section "File Output Options":

+FC     Compressed Targa-24 format (RLE, run length encoded)
+FN     New PNG (portable network graphics) format
+FP     Unix PPM format
+FS     System-specific such as Mac Pict or Windows BMP
+FT     Uncompressed Targa-24 format

Hth

al ;-)