POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Suggest v4.0 inbuilt complex functions. (povr R7 v0.6.1.0) : Re: Suggest v4.0 inbuilt complex functions. (povr R7 v0.6.1.0) Server Time
23 Apr 2024 06:23:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Suggest v4.0 inbuilt complex functions. (povr R7 v0.6.1.0)
From: kurtz le pirate
Date: 28 Apr 2023 04:10:08
Message: <644b7f60$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/03/2023 00:39, William F Pokorny wrote:
> In the past few years Ingo, Tor Olav and others have played around with
> include files supporting complex numbers for sound and images. Attached
> is an image using a few of 30 plus inbuilt complex functions added to
> the povr fork. Mostly just wrapping the complex functions coming with
> C++11, but sometimes using function names more in line with the existing
> complex includes and POV-Ray's function naming.
>
> In povr, to work with the existing function vm, packing two 32 bit
> floats into a double space as the complex value and all complex function
> code runs at single float accuracy.

Sorry to re-open this old discussion. I didn't know this pov4 group exist :(

Anyway, i too have worked a lot in the world of complex numbers. I
started to write a macro library that implements complex functions using
povray "function".

And so: is "cfunctions.inc" just an encapsulation of C functions ?
Does v4 include a new data type like c = <re,im> with the possibility to
access c.re and c.im ?

I'm attaching my "complex_functions.inc" just in case ... I continue to
develop it or I wait for v4 ?

last thing : where can I find "cfunctions.inc" ?

--
Kurtz le pirate
Compagnie de la Banquise

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'complex_functions.inc.txt' (34 KB)