POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Slice of apple pie : Re: Slice of apple pie Server Time
18 Apr 2024 11:48:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Slice of apple pie
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 10 Apr 2023 14:56:09
Message: <64345bc9$1@news.povray.org>
On 4/10/23 14:38, William F Pokorny wrote:
>> The same macro but using the "disc" object show the issue
>> (image on the right)
>
> I believe what your are seeing is the fact the disc, like the plane, is
> defined in the code as having and inside (as being a 'basic object'
> rather than a 'patch object') so it can be used in CSG.

Just hit me I forgot to answer Bald Eagles 'Wedge' question.

It's a macro shipped with POV-Ray which uses the intersections (and
perhaps differences) of two planes to create a wedge (pie slice region)
of space which is usually used in a follow on intersection (or
difference) with other stuff.

Bill P.