POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : #ifdef using a string expression? : Re: #ifdef using a string expression? Server Time
19 Apr 2024 20:57:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: #ifdef using a string expression?
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 24 Mar 2023 11:51:02
Message: <641dc6e6$1@news.povray.org>
On 3/24/23 11:36, jr wrote:
> a '#pragma [no-]feature-warning;' would be real nice, to get rid (selectively)
> of spline + rtr "experimental feature" warnings, for instance 😄

Hmm. Yeah, maybe some more general mechanism to turn off messages would
be helpful(a,b). Features like this will slow down the parser some though.

Bill P.

(a) - The was some support for warning levels for a time, but it's
eroded on the implementation side over time - unsure if it still works
at all in fact. Plus, I cannot remember how the level was specified at
the moment.

(b) - Unrelated to parsing, but for the isosurface only I added a report
<true/fase> option in povr for gradient messages. The 'report' keyword
has always intended to be a more general thing which could be used with
all the shape primitives. Something where, by shape, you can turn
reporting on and off. I never seem to get back to working on the concept
though...