POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : #ifdef using a string expression? : Re: #ifdef using a string expression? Server Time
18 Apr 2024 08:14:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: #ifdef using a string expression?
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 24 Mar 2023 09:53:27
Message: <641dab57$1@news.povray.org>
On 3/23/23 15:02, Kenneth wrote:
> This old method is certainly not an ideal way to report the presence of a user's
> personal #includes.

Found the new debug compile reporting all the include read attempts has
an issue too.

Specifically where people use that Parse_String() macro hack. It works
by creating and including a small include file of the same name, but
with different contents.

In trying again to debug that flaky csv read file problem from early
2022 of jr's, I was getting thousands of debug include messages per
frame of a long animation! So, I commented out that nice debug code I
just added.

I'm unsure what to do for anything shipped.We'd need a custom
configuration option or a new run time flag/option - neither of which is
attractive.

It's hard to get simple, clean, code wins. :-)

Bill P.