POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Request: HIGH resolution stl conversion to mesh / mesh2 : Re: Request: HIGH resolution stl conversion to mesh / mesh2 Server Time
24 Apr 2024 16:25:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Request: HIGH resolution stl conversion to mesh / mesh2
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 13 Mar 2023 03:24:00
Message: <640ecf90$1@news.povray.org>
Op 12/03/2023 om 18:46 schreef Bald Eagle:
> I've been going over this a bit with, and following the excellent work of Marián
> Marčiš, and I just sent him this email regarding my most recent work on the
> vase:

That is a *very* good comment Bill. Thanks for sharing.

I don't know if you know the archaeological work at the Apollo Temple in
Dydima, Turkey. Scratched on the inner walls of the sanctuary are the
faint outlines of the construction plans made by the architects, and
they did use geometry pretty close to what you describe. The same for
the columns (some very subtle design indeed!) etc. No 'magic' was used!
;-) ...and neither did I when I modelled the temple in Moray, Silo, and
finally POV.

In other Ancient World sites identical architectural plans have been
found, e.g. in Rome.

It has been a long while since I read up on this (20+ years) and I don't
know if I still have documentation about these matters. I shall investigate.

--
Thomas