POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : fish_with_pipes.zip : Re: fish_with_pipes.zip Server Time
25 Apr 2024 13:46:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: fish_with_pipes.zip
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 8 Mar 2023 10:41:32
Message: <6408acac$1@news.povray.org>

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/message/%3Cweb.587ce70b1652a4dcc437ac910%40news.povray.org%3E/#%3Cweb.5
> 87
>> ce70b1652a4dcc437ac910%40news.povray.org%3E
>>
>> - BW
>
> Thanks BW.
> I like that idea - using the cameras frustum shape for an inside/outside test.
> Using the cameras' hither and yon planes for space partitioning. BSP?

In another age, long, long ago early in this century, Gilles Tran wrote
a macro doing just that. I have always used it since then. I attach it
here. I must have a demo scene somewhere too... I shall try to find it
tomorrow.

Note: The prefix GT_ is a code referring to the original author. It is a
way I use to remember who wrote the code ;-)

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'gt_visibilitytest.mcr.txt' (2 KB)