POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Did Friedrich A. Lohmueller pass away? : Re: Did Friedrich A. Lohmueller pass away? Server Time
25 Apr 2024 04:27:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Did Friedrich A. Lohmueller pass away?
From: Chris Cason
Date: 7 Mar 2023 20:21:56
Message: <6407e334$1@news.povray.org>
On 8/03/2023 12:11, ezfzx wrote:
> Friedrich A. Lohmueller is/was like the go-to guy for all things POV-Ray. His
> art was beautiful, his explanations clear, and on the occasions when we
> exchanged email, he was as nice and humble as can be.
>
> His home website has vanished, and I can only imagine the worst.

Sadly yes. It was a number of years ago, but the website only just recently went
offline.

I have what I think is a full copy of the content and am attempting to contact his
estate to obtain permission to put it back online.

If given permission I will also re-host the content under the original domain name.
Currently it is I believe in its redemption period so cannot be transferred yet.

-- Chris