POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : povr features required in official : Re: povr features required in official Server Time
20 Apr 2024 04:18:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povr features required in official
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 2 Mar 2023 17:21:29
Message: <64012169$1@news.povray.org>
On 3/1/23 23:12, Kenneth wrote:
> Just tested +kla +rtr, and AA does work with it. It has been awhile since I used
> the real-time animation feature-- probably on an older Win 7 machine a couple of
> years ago.
Hmm. I'm pretty sure AA modes 1 & 2 stop working completely after frame
2 or 3. It's running, but it doesn't do anything after a while because
the internal box sizes shrink on every recursion and never get reset.

> The only trouble I'm currently having is getting the animation to stop!

Yes, this seems to be a problem more so on windows than unix/linux but
it happens there too sometimes. There is I believe a github issue open
on the problem. Little bells... I 'think' more often with SDL1.2 than
SDL2.0/X11 an on unix/linux the preview window needs to be in 'focus' /
active.

With the povr branch I broke out the cylic control as it's own thing and
the default is to run through the cameras only once. Also means +kla /
clockless_animation now means 'clockless animation' and not 'cylic
clockless animation'.

// Use +kc (Cyclic_Animation=true) for cylic / continuous renders
// looping through cameras.

Bill P.