POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Denoising POV-Ray images in Blender : Re: Denoising POV-Ray images in Blender Server Time
19 Apr 2024 14:37:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Denoising POV-Ray images in Blender
From: Chris Cason
Date: 23 Feb 2023 10:56:01
Message: <63f78c91@news.povray.org>
On 23/02/2023 02:06, jr wrote:
> close, to exclude a word use -word (no space), and I think +word means must be
> part of match.

'+' /used/ to do that, but unfortunately google changed it. Nowadays you need to put
the word(s) in quotes; so "word" instead of +word.

Even with that, google will still try to give you lots of results even if the search
doesn't generate many proper matches. So it can still insert junk not related to the
query.

To get it to stop screwing around and stick to the subject you need to use "verbatim"
search. Unfortunately there does not appear to be a way to get it to do verbatim with
a search operator (e.g. like "site:"). You need to click the 'Tools' menu just under
the right-hand side of the search box, then click the 'All Results' menu that appears
below on the left and change it to 'Verbatim'. This menu is only available once you've
done a search, which is a PITA also.

-- Chris

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: