POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Request: HIGH resolution stl conversion to mesh / mesh2 : Re: Request: HIGH resolution stl conversion to mesh / mesh2 Server Time
18 Apr 2024 21:31:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Request: HIGH resolution stl conversion to mesh / mesh2
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 23 Feb 2023 08:22:54
Message: <63f768ae$1@news.povray.org>
Op 23-2-2023 om 12:28 schreef Bald Eagle:
>> Using Granite_21: "NorthAmericanPinkGranite" in my Studio setup.
>>
>> --
>> Thomas
>
> Well that certainly put a smile on my face.
> I was trying to get to sleep, and I started (continued) thinking,
> "He's not going to be able to resist doing it...."
>
> And sure enough - converted, textured, and rendered.   :D

Of course I can't! I am unable to resist such a call ;-)

> Thankfully, it's a mesh, and we can instantiate 30-40,000 of them to show how
> easy it was to just bang these out with some sand and copper tools in our
> copious amounts of uninterrupted free time without the need for a pesky lathe.
> ;)

As you say. I was also thinking about those Egyptian craftsmen. I wonder
how long it took to make such a vase out of granite...

> 'tis really a beautiful texture.

It is. Trying a couple of other things presently.

> Thanks - off to shovel snow.

Good luck! You got a couple of nasty storms already this winter.

--
Thomas