POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : Plants collection : Re: Plants collection Server Time
25 Apr 2024 01:02:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Plants collection
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 20 Feb 2023 11:38:50
Message: <63f3a21a$1@news.povray.org>
Got a closer look at /Gaillardia_pulchella/. I opened the corresponding
plant.obj file into Silo (my modeller) and must say that texturing the
plant would not be impossible but a lot of work manually.

"group0 - group208" for instance, represent one complete flower,
starting with the leaves, then the flower s.s., finally the stem
(group208). Forgive me if I mention things you probably know quite well
but I am kind of thinking aloud here. ;-)

A couple of options present themselves:
1) create the different colours: stem, leaves, petals, heart.
2) select together all the groupxxxx representing one element, for
instance leaves, and assign the leaf colour.
3) repeat procedure for each plant element group.

alternatively, you could group together all similar elements (if you can
recognise them easily) and colour the group in the same manner as above.

Frankly, I do not see any other method to do this at the moment.

--
Thomas