POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Oscilloscope : Re: Oscilloscope Server Time
23 Apr 2024 19:47:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Oscilloscope
From: m@b
Date: 6 Feb 2023 04:51:26
Message: <63e0cd9e@news.povray.org>
On 04/02/2023 7:51 PM, m@b wrote:
> My latest effort.
>
> Background from here: <https://polyhaven.com/a/vintage_measuring_lab>
>
> m@

Thanks for the input everybody. It seems likely that there will always
be some flicker when using radiosity in an animation. (As explained by
Kenneth above)

The answer in this case is to save a radiosity data file and then load
it in each frame, this has time advantages as well. Obviously this
method will not work when I start moving the camera around.

I was not happy with the background contrast, so I added the a png
sphere just inside the hdr sphere with no_shadow and no_radiosity so I
cam mess with the background emission and gamma without affecting radiosity.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'cro ws 02.mp4.dat' (153 KB)