POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : flattened curve : Re: flattened curve Server Time
25 Apr 2024 17:33:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: flattened curve
From: Alain Martel
Date: 16 Sep 2022 09:32:48
Message: <63247b00$1@news.povray.org>
Le 2022-09-15 à 18:44, David Kraics a écrit :
> trying to render an airplane and I need a more subtle curve. let me explain.
> Imagine a box that is one unit high and four units wide. Now place, in front of
> it, a quarter of a cylinder with a radius of one unit. The center of the quarter
> cylinder is at the top right corner of the box. The curve then travels, from the
> bottom right corner, to the top left corner, thanks to a 4 scale in the x
> direction. How do I make that curve more subtle, to closer approach an almost
> straight line between those two corners?

Apparently, you want to model the wings.

I'd start with that cylinder, but apply some uneven scaling. It could be
something like :
cylinder{End1, End2, 1 scale<5,1,1>}

A larger value will result in flatter top and bottom parts.

Another option would be to use a prism for the wings. Then, it's just a
question of choosing the interpolation method that work best for your
needs. Try the bicubic spline. Maybe more cumbersome, but, you'll need
only one object for the whole wing.