POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Convert 313 Cartesian Euler Angles to POV-Ray Coordinates : Re: Convert 313 Cartesian Euler Angles to POV-Ray Coordinates Server Time
19 Apr 2024 03:14:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Convert 313 Cartesian Euler Angles to POV-Ray Coordinates
From: kurtz le pirate
Date: 10 Sep 2022 11:37:30
Message: <631caf3a$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/09/2022 17:16, LAP wrote:

> So far this seems to work.
>
> Another part of my problem was that I was also using POV Ray scaling and
> translate commands which seem to really mess up the rotations.

all tranformations are just **matrix operations**

for scaling :
      | scaleX  0        0      0 |
MSc = | 0       scaleY   0      0 |
      | 0       0       scaleZ  0 |
      | 0       0       0       0 |

scaling point : MSc.pt

for translating :
      | 1 0 0 dx |
MTr = | 0 1 0 dy |
      | 0 0 1 dz |
      | 0 0 0 1  |

translate : MTr.pt
(in povray matrix, the last line)

and, of corse, 'pt' is **also* a matrix

     | x |
pt = | y |
     | z |
     | 1 ]

and the order of application of the transformations is important !

--
Kurtz le pirate
Compagnie de la Banquise