POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Shallows - Instalment 1/3 : Re: The Shallows - Instalment 1/3 Server Time
19 Apr 2024 04:53:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Shallows - Instalment 1/3
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 9 Sep 2022 07:56:21
Message: <631b29e5$1@news.povray.org>
Op 9-9-2022 om 12:25 schreef Mr:

> Hi !
> Everything is great about this : composition, idea, ...

But... ;-)

> But, of course I have to say I believe something would tremendously improve it:
> light at a lower angled suntime like early morning or late afternoon along with
> a slightly denser absorbing media for the general cirrus like cloud layer... No
> matter if render times dropped from 1 day to seven, this would still be worth
> it. To me, you have a scene with the same potential as these ones :
> https://www.povray.org/community/hof/14b.php
> http://www.povray.org/community/hof/view/7/

Comments much appreciated indeed. Thanks! First of all, the general
cloudscape is not a media. It is Zeger Knaepen's FastClouds macro which
I like and use a lot. Only at the right-hand side of the scene, there is
a media cloud layer added and you hardly distinguish it from the rest. I
agree about the Sun's altitude but in the end I opted for a higher one.
Instalment 2 (and maybe 3) might/will probably follow your suggestion,
but I am not sure about that yet.

> So please, please, consider the loss it would have been if authors had lowered
> the bar on media... :-) awesome work!

Lol. Of course!

--
Thomas