POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sailing ship Balclutha : Re: Sailing ship Balclutha Server Time
24 Apr 2024 16:42:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sailing ship Balclutha
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 4 May 2022 08:21:35
Message: <62726fcf@news.povray.org>
Op 4-5-2022 om 01:37 schreef Ton:
> Thanks for the compliment, Thomas. I do tinker, change, before satisfied. The
> main thing is to make up your mind and say, okay, this is it! Some sample,
> close-up renders, yes, it looks good, done, Otherwise you're never finished. I'm
> not a perfectionist in the sense that everything has to be the correct size up
> to the millimeter, or 1/16 of an inch (this is an imperial ship, after all). I
> don't think I would have the patience, or stamina, to do your work on the
> granites,

It is not so much that I am a perfectionist (I am a bit but not
excessively) but I have regularly problems with finding the
right/correct way to do things or to apply the correct solution to a
problem.

I am slowly working towards the moment when I shall reveal some of my
recent work: an architectural project I started in 2009 with Moray,
shelved till the beginning of 2021, interrupted by the granites project,
and restarted in January 2022...

> The decks are finished, there are not many structures on deck. The maindeck has
> some quarters and the carpenters shop. The aftdeck has a chart house, the
> steering wheel is outside. There are a couple of things on the deck, like
> britts, fife rails, railing, and then the masts with all the rigging. So still
> plenty to do.
> Attached are close-ups of the foredeck and aftdeck from the maindeck.
>
> Cheers
> Ton.

Very nice indeed. Pristine clean paint job too. :-)

--
Thomas