POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : New Characters for Master of Puppets Font : Re: New Characters for Master of Puppets Font Server Time
18 Apr 2024 10:10:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New Characters for Master of Puppets Font
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 8 Apr 2022 20:38:53
Message: <6250d59d$1@news.povray.org>
On 4/8/22 06:17, jr wrote:
> hi,
>
> William F Pokorny <ano### [at] anonymousorg> wrote:
>> The issue is the newer versions of the parser see the second of two
>> semicolons - ';;' - as meaningful.
>> It should be something like:
>>
>> (abs (L0 * cos (radians (MiddleAngle))))
>
> hey, thanks.  now, ie having changed the macro to read like above, 'povr'
> complains of the same problem as the alpha ("unable to file seek").
> (computers.. </sigh>)
>
> regards, jr.

Hi.

Took me a while, but I now see it. I have to set

#declare MOP_UseFrenchQuoteMarks = yes;

in quote.pov as setting it to no works OK for me.

---
I suspect something wrong with the macro ram caching mechanism which is
part of all the relatively recent v3.8 versions including povr and v4.0
master.

The macros in this include are quite large (likely not memory cached) -
which might or might not be related to the issue. The bit getting
switched in and out is not much different in size, but, who knows...

I'll have to come back to this issue another day. :-(

Bill P.