POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Quartered wine glass : Re: Quartered wine glass Server Time
25 Apr 2024 03:28:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Quartered wine glass
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 8 Apr 2022 07:29:38
Message: <62501ca2$1@news.povray.org>
Op 8-4-2022 om 05:33 schreef Cousin Ricky:
> Image wine_glass-surreal.jpg is a trick photo that was posted in the
> POV-Ray Facebook groups.  A reverse image search shows that it's been
> kicking around the Web since at least 2009, but I cannot identify the
> original photographer.
>
> Image wine_glass-quartered.jpg is my attempt to reproduce it with POV-Ray.

Both images are of high quality indeed.

I /am/ a wine drinker, but I just use a simple Duralex glass (those with
9 facets). I still have an average wine glass which gradually thins
towards the rim indeed, but starting from a slightly thicker base than
in the images, towards an identical thickness at the rim.

--
Thomas