POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Union disables hollowness : Re: Union disables hollowness Server Time
18 Apr 2024 19:45:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Union disables hollowness
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 30 Mar 2022 12:31:30
Message: <624485e2$1@news.povray.org>
On 2022-03-30 02:23 (-4), William F Pokorny wrote:

> Try flipping the order of objects in the union with the inherited hollow
> and "I think" you'll get again a v3.6 result with v3.7 onward versions
> of POV-Ray.

Yes, it wasn't until after my initial post that I suspected this was the
same as issue #307.  Reversing the order confirmed that it is the same
bug.  In fact, I was the one who discovered it back in 2017, although it
was Christoph who figured out the nature of the bug.

> Overall, the issue has been well down on my 'povr' todo list for a long
> while because to me it's not clear what the right thing to do is. Seeing
> clearly will take a significant investigation I think.

It's still in triage on GitHub.