POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : PROOF : core include files and test code. : Re: PROOF : core include files and test code. Server Time
25 Apr 2024 11:15:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PROOF : core include files and test code.
From: Bruno Cabasson
Date: 22 Mar 2022 08:30:00
Message: <6239c148@news.povray.org>
Hi,

Here is an updated package, including "oocore.inc". The test file
"oocore_ut.pov" provides examples on how classes can be defined and how
main OO features can work in the "testing whole classes" section.

Again, for the time being, this is only a study, and requires v3.8beta2.

Soon, and if this approach is accepted by people here, I will go further
with POV objects encapsulation within PROOF. As I already said, such an
encapsulation, in itself, does not bring much compared to native syntax.
Except we now can deal with objects and classes we can derive and attach
behaviour to.

To my eyes, POV-Sdl is not really a *programming* language. It is a
Scene Description Language, which is quite different and very
specialized. Since we have Object Orientedness, perhaps we could be in
position to make it a *real* programming language. Even if not
full-featured, even with limitations, even with syntactic and functional
sacrifices.

Of course, if it finally appears that nobody is interested, I will stop
the study and drop PROOF. Will not bother me much.

B.

Attachments:
Download 'collections.inc.txt' (11 KB) Download 'collections_ut.pov.txt' (11 KB) Download 'oocore.inc.txt' (17 KB) Download 'oocore_ut.pov.txt' (23 KB) Download 'primitive_ut.pov.txt' (17 KB) Download 'primitives.inc.txt' (10 KB)