POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Colors from golds.inc and metals.inc : Re: Colors from golds.inc and metals.inc Server Time
23 Apr 2024 07:03:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Colors from golds.inc and metals.inc
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 1 Mar 2022 02:35:40
Message: <621dcccc$1@news.povray.org>
Op 28/02/2022 om 22:56 schreef Bald Eagle:
> Cousin Ricky <ric### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
>
>> I believe the third row best matches the original colors as presumably
>> intended by the POV-Team, although, for the brasses and golds, the
>> second row seems closer to colors I see in real life.  What do you think?
>
> Regarding the brass, I have a chunk of brass sitting next to me and, 4th row,
> P_Brass4 decoded S pure metallic finish looks best.
> P_Brass3 in that row is too dark/orange, and the second row is too
> pale/unsaturated.

[snip]>
> Great work so far, as usual - that's a lot of meticulous work and a lot of
> renders.  It's a pretty nuanced topic, for sure.

I do not have real-world examples at hand, but /instinctively/ I would
choose the third row. The fourth appears too saturated to me. However,
taking into account any outside lighting which might influence the hue
of an object, I would also plead for real-world examples as texture basis.

Anyway, excellent work indeed.

--
Thomas