POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I cannot update my GitHub repo : Re: I cannot update my GitHub repo Server Time
19 Apr 2024 07:54:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I cannot update my GitHub repo
From: Dick Balaska
Date: 17 Feb 2022 21:57:06
Message: <620f0b02$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/17/2022 9:49 PM, Cousin Ricky wrote:
> On 2022-02-17 19:17 (-4), Cousin Ricky wrote:
>>
>> It occurred to me that the reason for the snag /may/ be that I tagged
>> the repo in GitHub.  I just discovered that tags are not a GitHub
>> feature, but are part of Git, so tagging it in GitHub probably threw it
>> out of sync with my local repo.
>
> No, that wasn't the reason.  My other repos are pushing peacefully.

I think it was something like "git checkout <tag>" or "git branch <tag>"
I stuffed up a workspace recently and I can't recall what I did to
trigger it. But once you detach from head, you're screwed.
(Maybe it was "git stash ; git pull ; git stash pop" [ Warning, not
merged ])
It wasn't the repo that you stuffed, it was just that workspace.