POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Impending Disaster : Re: Impending Disaster Server Time
23 Apr 2024 17:17:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Impending Disaster
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 14 Feb 2022 02:22:27
Message: <620a0333$1@news.povray.org>
For what it is worth, I generally use the following radiosity settings,
to full satisfaction:

     pretrace_start     0.08
     pretrace_end       0.004
       count            100, 1000
       nearest_count    10, 5
       error_bound      1
       recursion_limit  2
       low_error_factor 0.3
       gray_threshold   0.0
       minimum_reuse    0.015
       maximum_reuse    0.1
       brightness       1

       adc_bailout      0.01/2
       normal           on
       media            off
       always_sample    off

This is quite fast and I experience little or no artefacts. Note the
dual (optional) parameters used for count and nearest_count. This can
increase the quality of your render without slowing it down much. See
the following page of the wiki:
https://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Radiosity#count

You may also want to try stochastic rendering with, e.g., +am3 +a0.01
+ac0.90 +r3. If you do that, change count to 10 all other radiosity
settings remaining the same.

--
Thomas