POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Auto-buildings fisheye : Re: Auto-buildings fisheye Server Time
24 Apr 2024 12:44:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Auto-buildings fisheye
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 10 Feb 2022 02:22:45
Message: <6204bd45$1@news.povray.org>
Op 09/02/2022 om 19:18 schreef Bill Pragnell:
> I tweaked what I wanted to get a decent distribution of galleries vs buildings
> (galleries per unit volume is what I wanted!), and it's looking good.
> Interesting camera positions have been fruitful :)
>
> This sort of view has made me wonder about some edge cases that are now
> apparent; roofs tucked into crevices, weird overhangs etc. I don't think they're
> deal-breakers but it might be nice to tweak the placement a bit more. Ideally
> some supporting columns would be good when gaps on buildings are only one cell
> deep, but I'm not sure that would look right in all cases so some thought will
> be necessary.
>
> I thought about adding this image to the other thread, but I think it's dramatic
> enough to be a top-level post :D

roofs tucked into crevices: you could maybe switch any of those to a
balcony. You would need also a door though... Alternatively, a flat roof
would also be possible.

weird overhangs: some kind of additional support indeed; columns for one
cell gaps, something like a half-arch strut/buttress elsewhere?

I would shudder to have to walk on one of those balconies.... ;-)

--
Thomas