POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How do I use a new GPG key? : Re: How do I use a new GPG key? Server Time
16 Apr 2024 01:25:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How do I use a new GPG key?
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 30 Jan 2022 10:47:13
Message: <61f6b301@news.povray.org>
On 2022-01-23 21:01 (-4), Tor Olav Kristensen wrote:

> What operating system are you using ?

openSUSE Leap 15.5 GNU/Linux

> Are you able to log into to your account via the GitHub web interface ? Here:
>
> https://github.com/your-account-name

Yes.

> If so, then you can go to this page to administrate the SSH and GPG keys
> associated with your GitHub account:
>
> https://github.com/settings/keys

Yes.  Strangely, is says there are no keys associated with my account.
So where are all those keys I had been setting up through the link that
GitHub emailed to me every month?

> You can try to add another key. If you are using Linux or Windows 10/11 or
> MacOS, then I suggest that you add a new SSH key to your GitHub account.

I was using GPG because that's what was in the instructions I got from
GitHub after they discontinued password pushing.  Are there advantages
or disadvantages to one system over the other?

Thanks for your attention.