POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A quick povr branch micro normal image. : Re: A quick povr branch micro normal image. Server Time
24 Apr 2024 03:25:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A quick povr branch micro normal image.
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 24 Jan 2022 06:26:51
Message: <61ee8cfb$1@news.povray.org>
On 1/23/22 14:02, Mr wrote:
> To me this looks close to just as cute as the cutest cat ! Any chance of such a
> feature ever making it to main POV master ?

Thanks. A chance I guess should the work be picked up by real POV-Ray
developers. The micro normal pattern is relatively stand alone.

The big jitter and true random jitter features of povr make 'micro' a
little more flexible in practice.

All the povr changes are part of the tarball and I consider all my code
work contributed to the POV-Ray team should they have an interest in any
of it.

As I move forward with my personal povr branch, my fix and feature
environment is moving further from the current POV-Ray baseline. Often
enough now, if a posted problem works for me in povr, but not for those
in one of the official releases, I find myself unsure why. Unsure what
combination of changes/fixes make it so.

Bill P.