POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Stone with Veins : Re: Stone with Veins Server Time
19 Apr 2024 16:45:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stone with Veins
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 30 Dec 2021 08:40:32
Message: <61cdb6d0@news.povray.org>
So here we go.

I took my Granite_21 array for Dakota Red and extracted colour pairs. I
also changed the reflection block because I guess the original
reflection is way too strong. I used the reflection as given in
Granite_21. A couple of further, inconsequential, changes et voilà.

This is the finish block I used:

   finish {
     diffuse albedo 0.5 brilliance 1.5
     specular albedo 0.9 roughness 0.0025
     fresnel on
     reflection {0.1  fresnel on}
     conserve_energy
   }

I used 10 layers and scaled the final texture on the object. I could
also have used much more layers (e.g. 100) and scale the texture
somewhat less, with a similar result but a bit more confused imo.

Again, this is a great piece of work, Dave! I need to dig deeper now. ;-)

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'db_granite_test2_1.jpg' (85 KB)

Preview of image 'db_granite_test2_1.jpg'
db_granite_test2_1.jpg