POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : How to build console version : Re: How to build console version Server Time
24 Apr 2024 15:48:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to build console version
From: Dick Balaska
Date: 20 Dec 2021 11:50:41
Message: <61c0b461$1@news.povray.org>
On 12/16/2021 6:00 PM, Alessio Sangalli wrote:
> Hello I am trying to mess with the POV-Ray source code.
>
> Right now I am on a Window machine and I have Visual Studios 2015 AND
> 2019. Unfortunately I am not an expert of this environment. I would like
> to compile the console version of the program (I honestly never use the
> GUI anyway).

To build the console version, you have to configure the modules. Ok,
it's been a while for me so I don't remember the nomenclature.
There is a dialog box with checkboxes to select the modules to use. i.e.
jpeg, boost_time, etc.  One will be called GUI, uncheck that.  One will
be called console, check that.  Then recompile.  You will get build
errors, but the error is quite specific about what you have to fix to
move on. Something like enabling _CONSOLE in file ../../blah.h

dik