POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A little study in photons : Re: A little study in photons Server Time
20 Apr 2024 00:45:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A little study in photons
From: MichaelJF
Date: 3 Nov 2021 17:46:38
Message: <6183033e$1@news.povray.org>
Am 03.11.2021 um 10:24 schrieb s.day:
> Hi Michael,
>
> Wow, this is really great. I looked at it on my phone last night when I was
> bored and just opened the image without reading the description fully. My first
> thought was you had posted a photo of what you wanted to achieve in POV then I
> read the description..
>
> On a bigger screen today I can see that it is a render but still very
> impressive.
>
> Photons have always been a problem for me (mainly due to the fact it takes so
> long to gather them then if I don't like the output you have wait again so I
> normally give up.
>
> Unless you tweaked my wreck texture the only criticism you have got so far about
> the foam is my fault and one I wasn't happy with in the wreck image but couldn't
> improve on ;-).
>

> Sean

Many thanks to you and Kenneth. Please apologize the delay, I visited my
sister living some 600 km to the north of me (East Frisia) and was
occupied with family issues the last days.

I was not sure about the foam. In a moment I thought to comment it out,
in another I liked it. Finally I decided to keep it. It is not perfect,
but a very good approximation IMO.

Best regards,
Michael