POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fluorapophyllite-(K) : Re: Fluorapophyllite-(K) Server Time
19 Apr 2024 16:51:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fluorapophyllite-(K)
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 1 Nov 2021 03:41:46
Message: <617f9a3a$1@news.povray.org>
Op 31/10/2021 om 08:37 schreef Thomas de Groot:
> Op 31/10/2021 om 02:05 schreef Samuel B.:
>> The shape does look more natural. But the scattering media makes it
>> seem a bit
>> glowy. Maybe some absorbing media would help counteract that?
>>

> As I said, scattering is bad, and here even more so: it acts as a vulgar
> fog inside the crystal ;-)
>
> I am currently experimenting with very tiny air bubbles as inclusions
> and distributed in a gaussian way. It looks promising but needs some
> more tweaking/thinking.

I didn't answer you fully there, I am afraid. The only media used here
is an absorbing media which takes care of it all (with the ior too of
course). I experimented with the scattering media in addition to the
absorbing one, because Jaime did something like that in his crystal
experiments.

http://www.ignorancia.org/index.php/galleries/latest-images/crystals-and-mushrooms/

However, I did not find it to work as expected.

--
Thomas