POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A little study in photons : A little study in photons Server Time
25 Apr 2024 10:19:40 EDT (-0400)
  A little study in photons
From: MichaelJF
Date: 25 Oct 2021 02:49:38
Message: <61765382@news.povray.org>
While watching a documentation about Zanzibar, I noticed a short beach
scene. In the foreground the sea water was invisible completely. Only
caustics indicated that there was water above the ground. So I played a
little bit with photons to model this observation.

I used and modified slightly some resources given by others:
Water by Jaime Vives Piqueres, sea material by Sean Day (IRTC June 2005,
wreck), hight\_field by Roman Reiner (IRTC February 2006, Firelake),
palms from Tomtree by Tom Aust and Genady Obukhov (nowadays available
via the wayback machine only) and Xfrog.

The dugout trimaran I dugged out off a cylinder in Wings 3D.

Enjoy and best regards
Michael

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'zanzibarbeach_1920.jpg' (679 KB)

Preview of image 'zanzibarbeach_1920.jpg'
zanzibarbeach_1920.jpg