POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fluorapophyllite-(K) : Fluorapophyllite-(K) Server Time
19 Apr 2024 01:10:09 EDT (-0400)
  Fluorapophyllite-(K)
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 24 Oct 2021 09:28:43
Message: <61755f8b@news.povray.org>
Continuing Sam's investigations on crystal shapes and materials, and
using KrystalShaper as the primary crystal builder.

This is a crystal of apophyllite. The coloured variety is
Fluorapophyllite-(K).

I based the material on the one given by Sam in the "Alum" post in
September last, including Alain's comments. I then added surface normals
from the crystal experiments by Jaime Vives Piqueres, as also a more
'cloudy' aspect using a bit of scattering media, and a density block.
Finally, I added photons. Possibly, the hue should be a tiny bit more
bluish-green...

The environment makes use of a hdri map and a spotlight. The render
makes use of a, non-optimal, stochastic setting, which explains the
grainy aspect. However, I am still experimenting.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'krystalshaper_apophyllite_004d.jpg' (75 KB)

Preview of image 'krystalshaper_apophyllite_004d.jpg'
krystalshaper_apophyllite_004d.jpg