POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray turns 30 : Re: POV-Ray turns 30 Server Time
23 Apr 2024 19:48:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray turns 30
From: Francois LE COAT
Date: 16 Sep 2021 10:34:05
Message: <614355dd$1@news.povray.org>
Hi,

David Buck writes:

dy
> been working on DKBTrace for about 6 years before then starting when I

> David K. Buck
>

> Chris Cason wrote:
>> (From http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.1/10/)
>>
>> The version history as it was included in PV-Ray 0.5 BETA. Notice the

>> name changes...

The software I wrote - Eureka 2.12 - is 34 years old in 2021, and
is named because of the version "2.12" of DKBTrace. Also Archimedes
died in 212 BC. I began to use POV-Ray in 1994, under SunOS. And I
ported some releases, when it was written in plain C language. What
you've done is really great. I'm so thankful to all this work :-)

Best regards,

--

Author of Eureka 2.12 (2D Graph Describer, 3D Modeller)
http://eureka.atari.org/