POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Happy (?) 4th anniversary : Re: Happy (?) 4th anniversary Server Time
23 Apr 2024 17:53:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Happy (?) 4th anniversary
From: Dick Balaska
Date: 11 Sep 2021 18:18:22
Message: <613d2b2e$1@news.povray.org>
On 9/8/2021 5:33 PM, Samuel B. wrote:

> Even in California I can't recall ever having lost power for months at a time.
> At most we've only been out for over a week due to the snow knocking down power
> lines. (It's not all sunshine and beaches in the Golden State... I live at a
> high elevation where, when it snows, it tends to know a /lot/. And we usually
> have to shovel it out by hand :S)

After Sandy, we were 17 days without power, 4 days until I could leave
the neighborhood.
I thought I was clever being one of a few with a whole house generator
(now everybody has them).  Then I realized I was spending $50/day in
gasoline; or $1500/month for electricity.

--
dik
Rendered 50,081,587,200 of 50,081,587,200 pixels (100%)