POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Time for a Rant : Re: Time for a Rant Server Time
23 Apr 2024 15:37:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Time for a Rant
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 17 Aug 2021 05:10:08
Message: <611b7cf0$1@news.povray.org>
On 8/16/21 6:45 PM, clipka wrote:
> I haven't done a good old rant lately, have I?
>
> Well, this is the time, and this is the day.

:-) At least you're still tossing jokes.

After a time... My test C/C++ file names became various obscene phrases.

If you've not found it, there is a relatively popular C++ header only
'date.h' (and 'tz.*') for c++11/C++14/C++17. I looked at it briefly, but
then bailed for a simpler c/unix only path.

See: https://github.com/HowardHinnant/date

My take is the license would allow POV-Ray to use it.

---
Aside: What code analysis tool is picking up the thread safe issues for
you? I became aware these existed as I played - and I tried to handle
them/be immune(where parser only use), but, I didn't got so far as to
add a mutex variable & a lock guard. Suppose that would be the
paranoid/safe approach - these time related functions are all going to
be slow in any case - but, I didn't go that far.

Bill P.