POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : POV-Ray v3.8.0-beta.1 issue #410 : Re: POV-Ray v3.8.0-beta.1 issue #410 Server Time
24 Apr 2024 04:49:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray v3.8.0-beta.1 issue #410
From: clipka
Date: 7 Aug 2021 09:08:17
Message: <610e85c1$1@news.povray.org>
Am 07.08.2021 um 11:58 schrieb Ash Holsenback:
> On 8/6/21 1:46 PM, clipka wrote:
>> To cram that content into the Wiki would have required writing import
>> scripts. And I have 0 - zero, zilch - knowledge about the Wiki import
>> format, while presumably Jim has just as much knowledge about the
>> format generated by said tool (beyond the fact that it's HTML, of
>> course).
>
> don't even /try/ to involve me. haven't you guys noticed that i've not
> been replying to the documentation updates / corrections that y'all have
> been flinging over the wall. i've been trying to step away from the

> to finish debugging the php / mysql changes to wikidocgen ( after server
> crash ) so that ought to be a clue as to my motivation.

Sounds like great fun...
Not.

Don't worry, all I wanted to hint at was that even the two people who
would know most about the matter are nowhere close to a position of just
flicking a switch and magically importing those developers' docs into
the Wiki. And that therefore, given all the other considerations
besides, it makes no sense whatsoever to invest any time into even trying.