POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : SSLT with the Granite_21_beta1.7 macro : SSLT with the Granite_21_beta1.7 macro Server Time
25 Apr 2024 17:38:53 EDT (-0400)
  SSLT with the Granite_21_beta1.7 macro
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 4 Jul 2021 02:48:09
Message: <60e159a9@news.povray.org>
This is what sslt looks like in the Granite_21 macro (beta 1.7). Works
well and/but slow (took >5 hours).

However.

A granite would not look like this. This is more like a granite-textured
kind of pottery. What is missing is the internal structure of minerals,
especially in the ears. I am pondering the problem and think into the
direction of a media, or maybe, a special kind of isosurface (I am
thinking of my rings of Saturn in 2017), or again, a rand_in_object fill
with small particles.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'granite_21_sslt_test.jpg' (43 KB)

Preview of image 'granite_21_sslt_test.jpg'
granite_21_sslt_test.jpg