POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Facebook 3D posts : Re: Facebook 3D posts Server Time
19 Apr 2024 22:26:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Facebook 3D posts
From: Francois LE COAT
Date: 28 Jun 2021 15:30:26
Message: <60da2352$1@news.povray.org>
Hi,

Bald Eagle writes:
> Take for example Francois LE COAT's very interesting work:
>
> http://news.povray.org/povray.advanced-users/thread/%3Cweb.5bb77cec1f36
de80c437ac910%40news.povray.org%3E/

> Forgive me if there's a lot of things I don't understand, properly reca
ll, or
> have wrong, but it seems to me that an aerial photograph of a landscape
 has a
> lot of perspective distortion, and part of the photogrammetry process w
ould be
> correcting for that.

For the time being, I'm experimenting to model trajectories in 3D...

	<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQEo7fD0GAo>

...but it is a difficult work, because public images given by the NASA
are not of good quality. If the Ingenuity helicopter flying on Mars was
driven with my trajectory modelling, it would have crashed. But it is
what I'm measuring, with input data I could collect. This is strange!
I have no other possibility than to improve my computations further on.

Best regards,

--

<http://eureka.atari.org/>