POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Visual Studio 2017 or 2019 : Re: Visual Studio 2017 or 2019 Server Time
25 Apr 2024 05:01:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Visual Studio 2017 or 2019
From: clipka
Date: 20 Jun 2021 07:37:34
Message: <60cf287e$1@news.povray.org>
Am 20.06.2021 um 12:29 schrieb Mr:

> I'll close and re-popen the project and try harder to spot any information at
> the step when I pick platform toolset v142.

Could you have VS 2019 auto-convert the projects to toolset v142, save
the resulting projects, and post some of them over on
`povray.beta-test.binaries`?

`povray.vcxproj` and `povbase.vcxproj` should be helpful. Maybe also
`povray.sln`.

> Could it be that some libraries had relative paths and then the Github system
> not having the same reference point for relative paths ?

No, I don't think that's it. My money is on some project setting that
needs to be changed along with the toolset, that we don't account for.