POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Facebook 3D posts : Re: Facebook 3D posts Server Time
24 Apr 2024 04:10:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Facebook 3D posts
From: Mike Horvath
Date: 18 Jun 2021 09:24:34
Message: <60cc9e92$1@news.povray.org>
Here is a tutorial on how to generate a depth map from stereo images:

https://www.docs.opencv.org/master/dd/d53/tutorial_py_depthmap.html

However, the accuracy does not look very good. I suspect there is also a
bias in accuracy in one (the horizontal?) direction.

I may have to do this for a few of my scenes, though, as overriding all
of my textures just to create a depth map is a serious PITA. (There's no
easy way to do it since povray SDL is not OOP.)

Mike