POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New things on my website : Re: New things on my website Server Time
25 Apr 2024 17:05:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New things on my website
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 14 Jun 2021 06:53:28
Message: <60c73528$1@news.povray.org>
On 6/13/21 11:36 AM, Leroy wrote:
> William F Pokorny <ano### [at] anonymousorg> wrote:
>
> Funny thing about arrow heads. I grew up in Oklahoma and my best friend was an
> indian. Jim Brooks was his name and we never looked for arrow heads.
>   We did play cowboys and indians. I remember His dad asking what we were doing
> and we told he. And also said it was all right because we where shooting
> cowboys. He just said "Stop It."

:-) There was Cowboys and Indians play during my childhood as well.
Remembering now the old cap guns... At adulthood, the reality of life
and history is, of course, a good deal more complicated and ugly.

Found myself thinking yesterday that searching for arrowheads in fields
these days is probably less fruitful. Farmers both don't as often plow
and suppose the top layer of soil long turned many times now in any
case.  My Grandfather's searches happened more closely to when fields
were first cleared and plowed - in the state of Indiana.

Bill P.