POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Parser checking. Pitfalls of float, (5d) color vector. (povr play) : Re: Parser checking. Pitfalls of float, (5d) color vector. (povr play) Server Time
19 Apr 2024 15:15:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Parser checking. Pitfalls of float, (5d) color vector. (povr play)
From: clipka
Date: 13 Jun 2021 11:19:00
Message: <60c621e4$1@news.povray.org>
I think we should very much differentiate between:

- debugging features aimed at POV-Ray developers, to figure out where we
developers slipped up; and

- debugging features aimed at POV-Ray end users, to figure out where
they slipped up.

Both should be kept entirely separate.

Most notably, Should we ever want to provide end-users with alternative
binaries that they might use to debug their scenes, we MUST stil retain
the ability to debug either of those binaries, to diagnose issues that
users experience with only one of those.