POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Granite_21 macro - beta #1.6 preview : Re: Granite_21 macro - beta #1.6 preview Server Time
19 Apr 2024 02:30:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Granite_21 macro - beta #1.6 preview
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 10 Jun 2021 02:47:17
Message: <60c1b575$1@news.povray.org>

https://mern.gouv.qc.ca/english/mines/industry/architectural/architectural-quarrying-stones-granite-green-saint-andre-g
> reen.jsp
>
> Probably a completely crap photo, but there is contact info.

Yes, I know. That is the only (serious) place where it is shown and
described more or less extensively. I have read/used part of the info
there to model the texture; but the image shown is crap indeed.

I had not looked at the contact info in a serious way until now. Maybe
they have something better: the quarry seems not to have been in
exploitation very long. According to the report, between 1991 and (at
least) 1997, when it is said to be 'closed'.

Fun: I tried to locate the quarry using Google Earth. I came close
indeed, following the description in the report, but got stuck. I found

Maybe street/road names changed in the meantime (although I doubt it).
And no trace of a quarry in that wooded region, although they are
described to be situated on the top of the hills.

--
Thomas