POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.programming : An updated povr tarball for Unix/Linux. 1984d6ea : Re: An updated povr tarball for Unix/Linux. 1984d6ea Server Time
24 Apr 2024 13:16:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An updated povr tarball for Unix/Linux. 1984d6ea
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 8 Jun 2021 21:55:14
Message: <60c01f82$1@news.povray.org>
On 5/30/21 6:58 AM, jr wrote:
> hi,
>
> William F Pokorny <ano### [at] anonymousorg> wrote:
>> An updated tarball of my povr branch. A little rushed, but want to post
>> a new one ahead of being busy with real life for a bit.
>> version is small (5-6MB). The compiled in place ones sits at about 50MB
>> post build - mostly due all the object files.
>
> compiles/builds cleanly, installed size (including source tree) ~14M.  thank
> you.  (need to find out about 'rtr'!.  v impressive)

Thanks for giving it go!

Yep, rtr is cool and I hope use it (or similar) for more than demos -
eventually.

Aside: Credit for the real time ray tracing feature goes back mostly to
Chris and Thorsten - as far as I know. My work amounts to getting it to
work with unix/linux builds - with Jerome providing helpful background
information.

The test scene set up is mine and it explores another way to parse a
multi frame animations once. Just need to work out how to capture each
rendered frame to an image file...

Aside: There is too that crazy-neat, more or less works already, idea of
Kenneth's for using rtr to build up better radiosity samples files. Need
to get back to playing with that and the related ideas of otherwise
implemented/faked radiosity file creation...

Bill P.