POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Granite_21 macro - beta #1.4 : Re: Granite_21 macro - beta #1.5 Server Time
16 Apr 2024 20:00:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Granite_21 macro - beta #1.5
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 1 Jun 2021 08:35:00
Message: <60b62974$1@news.povray.org>
Op 1-6-2021 om 08:59 schreef Thomas de Groot:

>> the _INC_
>> part then...?
>>
> Now you ask too much ;-) A learned one like William Pokorny may know...
>
>> I'm even more confused by the #local Granite_file =
>> "DakotaRedGranite.inc" when

>> frog
>> pills....

Well... it appears I am in serious need of a fresh batch of the "Super
Strong Extra" frog pills myself. :-/

Don't ask me how or why I completely messed up here, that will be food
for the psychiatrist; I have an inkling but that is for another time.

Your bewilderment was completely right and I got the full bucket of cold
water on my head the moment when I /really/ tested with a new granite
include file. As you can guess ("I told you so") it did not work.

So, after having flogged myself almost senseless, I guess the following
lines should replace the offensive ones in the macro:

#ifndef (Granite_file)  #local Granite_file = "DakotaRedGranite.inc"  #end
#include Granite_file

Also, to make successive calls of the macro more comprehensive (for
now), add the following line in section 7:

#undef Granite_file

This seems to work correctly, at least for me. Hope it does for you too
of course.

>> You certainly have your own tricks up your sleeves that keep me on mine!!
>>
> Glad to be of help :-)

Yeah... my sleeves are full of holes and I often get pretty blind to
them... ;-[

--
Thomas